Achievements Of Mechanical Engineering
R & D Funds
- SKP Engineering College with its vision of being a social partner for the development of nation through its contribution towards fundamental research to innovative newer technology in research and development activities. The R & D team of is committed to excellence in the area of research. The dedicated research team adds its strength and spreads its roots over diverse areas like Manufacturing, Energy and CAD/CAM. A special R&D facility on bio-fuel has been established in the department. For researches in Alternative fuels and Composite materials and some funded researches are done.
- AICTE sanctioned fund of 9,68,000 for Development of CAD tool for preliminary design of reconfigurable machine tools.
- Department received a sum of 1, 00,000 rupees from the management for Catalytic fractional pyrolysis of corn waste for high performance fuel (Phase-I) .
- Department received a sum of 50,000 rupees from the management for Fabrication of Aluminium 6061-Boron carbide-graphite composite materials by Stir casting.
- Department received a sum of 1,00,000 rupees from the management for Development of slow pyrolysis reactor for catalytic extraction pyro oil from agricultural waste and municipal solid wastes” .
- Mechanical department staffs are members of Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE), and students are the members of SAE INDIA
MOU’s Signed by Mechanical Engineering
MOU with industries
We have signed MoU with the following industries
- CSM software Ltd.: Students are given training in advanced softwares like Adams, VI Engine, Delmia,etc. Digitech Automation.
National Level Technical Symposium
International Level Technical Workshop
The Department of Mechanical Engineering conducted ROBOZEST 2015, the International level Technical Workshop on Robotics cum Championship Series on 25th & 26th February 2015 in association with Sportech 2015, IIT- Delhi through RoboSpecies Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Noida.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was successfully conducting International conference on design and advances mechanical Engineering. ICDAAME-2011 was a great success with the support of international participants and evaluators, it was the first milestone to contribute towards the research and development to serve for the development of society, with that same spirit, the second conference was held on 3rd and 4th March 2017 with aid of professors from IIT Madras and VIT.
- Dr.M.Kannan received a grant of Rs.9,68,000/-from AICTE for “Development of CAD tool for preliminary design of reconfigurable machine tools”.
- Dr. J.Kuberan authored text book of Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering.
- Dr.J.Kuberan and Mr.A.Jayaveeran received a in house grant of Rs.1,00,000/- “Development of Pyrolysis reactor for extraction bio oil from native biomass materials”
- Mr.C.Muthazhagan received a in house grant of Rs.50,000/- for “Fabrication of aluminium 6061-Boron carbide-graphite composite materials by Stir casting”
- Dr.J.Kuberan and Mr.K.Venkatesan received a in house grant of Rs.1,00,000/- “Development of slow pyrolysis reactor for catalytic extraction pyro oil from agricultural waste and municipal solid wastes”.