Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
Programme educational objectives of the Department of Mechanical Engineering are:
- PEO 1: Fundamental knowledge Prepare graduates to excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering principles.
- PEO 2: Technical knowledge Prepare graduates to have strong core and technical knowledge in Mechanical Engineering and allied disciplines contributing to society through interdisciplinary research, entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities with a global outlook.
- PEO 3: Research & Development Impart critical thinking skills and to develop initiatives and innovative ideas for R&D and Industrial requirements.
- PEO 4: Social Context Implant professional attitude and management principles and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- PEO 5: Life-long learning Inculcate teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills and ethical approach adapting to changing environments of engineering and technology by engaging in life-long learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science & engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Graduates will have the ability to identify, formulate and solve Mechanical engineering problems.
- Design/Development of solutions: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and evaluate a mechanical system (or) process with appropriate consideration for safety.
- Conduct investigation of complex problems: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyse data and report results.
- Modern tool usage: Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipments to analyse the Mechanical engineering problems.
- Engineer and society: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to apply the contextual knowledge to assess societal, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Graduates will have the ability to understand the impact of engineering solution in the environmental context and the need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional ethical responsibilities.
- Individual and team work: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function individually and also as a team member in multi-disciplinary activities.
- Communication: Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Project management and finance: Graduates will have the ability to employ effective project management skills and financial principles to develop project plans in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Graduates will be able to understand the value of independent and life-long learning in continuing professional development.